Pycnogenol is an extract of the bark of maritime pine from the Landes region, in the Gascony forest in southwestern France.
Pycnogenol is a complex plant substance made up of procyanidins, bioflavonoids and organic acids.
How does pycnogenol work?
It is a powerful antioxidant, with a special protective action on elastin.
It has a natural anti-inflammatory action.
Helps the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid in the skin.
It participates in the production of nitric acid in the endothelium, the inner part of the arteries, which promotes the dilation of blood vessels and facilitates blood circulation.
Pycnogenol – a fantastic skin vitality and beauty action. All these actions give pycnogenol exceptional characteristics for its use in skin recovery and health maintenance care.
Pycnogenol can be used topically in creams or orally in pills, stimulating recovery from the inside out.
– Because it stimulates the formation of collagen and acid, it facilitates recovery and prevents the formation of wrinkles;
– Its specific anti-oxidant action on elastin helps to restore the skin’s elasticity and hydration;
– The broader anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant action prevents and recovers from the harmful effects of sunburn and prevents skin pigmentation;
– Because it stimulates arterial vasodilation, it promotes a better supply of oxygen and nutrients to the skin, increasing its capacity for repair and recovery of vitality;
– In addition to protecting elastin and increasing the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid, it also promotes the regeneration of the extra-cellular matrix, which gives it the ability to reduce the effects of skin aging.
Beyond the skin
Due to its vasodilator and potent anti-oxidant action, there are many studies that show the benefit of using pycnogenol
– In the prevention and recovery of cardiovascular diseases and peripheral circulatory failure ;
– Arterial hypertension, decreased cognitive functions;
– Skin ulcers, and in angiopathy and diabetic retinopathy.
Pycnogenol helps in female
– During pregnancy pycnogenol has been shown to help reduce back pain;
– In menopause it has been shown to improve all climacteric symptoms along with an improvement in antioxidant protection;
– improve the profile of cholesterol levels.
Pycnogenol, a secret for connoisseurs only
– Pycnogenol is a substance,
– Whose high price,
– It makes the beauty products where it is incorporated more expensive, but it can be worth it.
If you want to offer your skin a particularly effective beauty care, now that you know this substance, pay attention to the ingredients and look for the secret that only a few can identify – pycnogenol!
EsmeraldAzul – for a healthy, conscious and sustainable life.